Dr Aron Mifsud Bonnici has been involved in computer misuse policy-making and consultancy for several years. He has actively participated in jumpstarting the Maltese government’s efforts in creating a framework for Information Technology law, including computer misuse provisions and data protection legislation which are now part and parcel of Maltese law.
IT Legal services include:
- advice on the applicability / implementation of various computer law provisions in Maltese law;
- drafting and advice on software contracts;
- data protection compliance and consultancy;
- advice on the legal implications of hacking, encryption, and piracy;
- legal assistance in the suppression of harmful and illegal content on the internet (including material violating intellectual property rights and trade secrets, child pornography, defamatory material, racist material, etc.);
- consultancy and assistance in the event of computer-related fraud and forgery.